The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:07 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

First, my stepfather's been stuck in bed the past few weeks due to a gut bug. He still isn't 100% better.

Also, my mother had two mammograms in the past couple of weeks and today she saw a surgeon about having a needle biopsy. The earliest it'll happen is next Tuesday, the latest the following Tuesday. They suspect it's breast cancer but they say it can be treated by a twice-a-day, five-day radiation treatment where they put radioactive balls into the tumor for ten minutes a treatment.

The two stepbrothers have been here trying to keep up with the work load. The younger was up here last week for Thanksgiving while the older has now arrived and will be here at least the next two days. On top of that my stepfather needs a new mattress (the one he has apparently broke) and my mother and him have a slew of other medical appointments in the run-up to Christmas.

This on top of we have to get the house and the print shop decorated for Christmas, and this month is shaping up to be one from Hell.

God help me. :-(

"When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you."--Lt. B'Ellana Torres from the "Lineage" episode of Star Trek: Voyager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:18 pm 
Mutton
Mutton

Life has given you a big work load, stay strong.

*dragonflight* this dragon is sweet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:56 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

I can now confirm that my mother's biopsy will be on December 11.

Best wishes appreciated.

"When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you."--Lt. B'Ellana Torres from the "Lineage" episode of Star Trek: Voyager

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:13 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Update:

My stepfather has been taken to the hospital so they can find out why his legs aren't working right. I don't know how long he's going to be in.

Also, my mother's biopsy went well. We should know the results by the early part of the upcoming week.

If it turns out to be breast cancer, the doctor told her it's an easily treatable kind. What it would involve is they'd put radioactive beads next to the tumor for ten minutes twice a day for five days.

Just heard from my stepfather. He's going to be there at least overnight.

More on this as it develops. Kind wishes still appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:24 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

The latest:

My stepfather faces at least two weeks of physical therapy at either the rehab facility or a nursing home, depending on what and where CDPHP (the folks' insurance company) will pay for.

Still no word on my mother's biopsy.

More as I know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:07 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Since PPMB's down again, I'll post the latest here.

My mother's got the results of her MRI today. They did find something in the other breast, but they don't think it's anything serious. They're gong to run an ultrasound on her just to be sure.

My stepfather is slowly but surely improving, though the nursing home staff doesn't seem to be as quick on their toes as they are at the hospital.

That's the latest for now.