The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:17 pm 
Sh33p Pig
Sh33p Pig

Location: That forgotten spot behind the sofa where I was accidentally kicked by Real Life's left hind leg
Late this morning, I was typing on PPMB, and a few moments later, I was having trouble connecting. I tried opening a new browser window to get back in, and I got the following message:

Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/viewtopic.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at thepaperpusher.net Port 80

I tried logging on with my tablet - same thing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Because we know instinctively as a people that if we are to get through the darkness and back into the light we have to work together. And the truth is, there will always be darkness. And sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t the promised land. Sometimes it’s just New Jersey. But we do it anyway, together.

-Jon Stewart

"We have a right to fight for our country - the same as every other American. We will not go away."

-Col. A.J. Bullard (Terrence Howard), Red Tails

"If we can't protect the Earth - you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."

-Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.), The Avengers

"Sometimes you have to spontaneously break into song - right?" - Mack, from Teen Beach 2

The PSI Corps is your friend. Trust The Corps.

Last edited by Brother Grimace on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:19 pm 
Mutton
Mutton

I am which is why I'm over here with the naughty kids trying to find out what's going on. At least it's not just me then. Paranoid me?Nah! :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:28 pm 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

Location: Northeastern Iowa. In another town you've probably never heard of.
Same here. On the plus side, now we get to enjoy some truly horrible translations of erotica! :D

(Still better than Fifty Shades, though, amirite?)

Kristen

--Big Brain, Futurama ("The Day the Earth Stood Stupid")

Just wait until he finds out about the Library of Congress Classification System...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:51 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

I can't access the PPMB either. :(

"You're the moron who was voted off the island. Twice." -comment on Lawndale Online

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:52 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Ditto.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:53 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Truly, truly, I must say,

This bites beyond all else, I

Hope this is fixed soon.

I am the great ruler of

Amazing haikus.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:08 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Join the club, everyone. I have the same problem myself. :-(

"When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you."--Lt. B'Ellana Torres from the "Lineage" episode of Star Trek: Voyager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:37 pm 
Mutton
Mutton

Me too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:47 pm 
Sh33p Pig
Sh33p Pig

Location: That forgotten spot behind the sofa where I was accidentally kicked by Real Life's left hind leg
Okay - so it's not a problem in our computers.

All right, then. Let's set up camp, and set up a defensive perimeter - get those sentry guns that we borrowed from the Colonial Marines up and ready! They'll do the job!

Because we know instinctively as a people that if we are to get through the darkness and back into the light we have to work together. And the truth is, there will always be darkness. And sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t the promised land. Sometimes it’s just New Jersey. But we do it anyway, together.

-Jon Stewart

"We have a right to fight for our country - the same as every other American. We will not go away."

"Sometimes you have to spontaneously break into song - right?" - Mack, from Teen Beach 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:58 pm 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

Brother Grimace wrote:
Okay - so it's not a problem in our computers.

All right, then. Let's set up camp, and set up a defensive perimeter - get those sentry guns that we borrowed from the Colonial Marines up and ready! They'll do the job!

And if we need a kitchen, I know just where to find one! :)

Kristen

Just wait until he finds out about the Library of Congress Classification System...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 pm 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

Also, Kara has updated the Twitter account.

Kristen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:18 pm 
Lamb Chops
Lamb Chops

The PPMB has been naughty and got suspended. :o

Fics I've Written

Mistress Mercury is tired of your shit!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:50 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

Kristen Bealer wrote:
Also, Kara has updated the Twitter account.

Kristen

"Crazed bot activity"? Better make sure the board gets a rabies shot. :-P

"You're the moron who was voted off the island. Twice." -comment on Lawndale Online

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:51 pm 
Sh33p Pig
Sh33p Pig

'Bot I didn't realize that anything was going wrong...

-Jon Stewart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Has a plan ever

Been made in case our treasured

Site can't be revived?

I am the great ruler of

Amazing haikus.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:02 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

If worst comes to worst the spoiler schedule for next week will be posted here tomorrow, and if this continues for the rest of the week spoilers for this week's Teen Titans Go! episode and Sunday's Robot Chicken Holiday Special will also be posted here.

"When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you."--Lt. B'Ellana Torres from the "Lineage" episode of Star Trek: Voyager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:08 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

For those who don't use Twitter, an update: I've been on the phone with Site5 and Scissors will speak with them tomorrow. It sounds like one of those "your site is using too many system resources for shared hosting." We are trying to figure out whether this is a bot problem, or whether it's something more inherent in the board. The unfortunate thing is that it may be the latter -- we may have too many posts for the board in its current form to hold them all. Will update when I find out more. If I don't post here, check Paperpusher MB on Twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:15 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Kara Wild wrote:
For those who don't use Twitter, an update: I've been on the phone with Site5 and Scissors will speak with them tomorrow. It sounds like one of those "your site is using too many system resources for shared hosting." We are trying to figure out whether this is a bot problem, or whether it's something more inherent in the board. The unfortunate thing is that it may be the latter -- we may have too many posts for the board in its current form to hold them all. Will update when I find out more. If I don't post here, check Paperpusher MB on Twitter.

What about deleting the

Really old threads? They all

Can't be important.

I am the great ruler of

Amazing haikus.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:24 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Spirea Stow wrote:
Kara Wild wrote:

What about deleting the

Really old threads? They all

Can't be important.

We may end up doing that, if that's the problem. We need to figure out what the problem is first, though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:10 am 
Mutton
Mutton

Yo, so this is where everybody's hiding, I though I did something wrong, I updated my browser and I got the 403 :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:55 am 
Mutton
Mutton

Hi Kara,
If you need to upgrade your hosting package I'd be happy to contribute.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:49 am 
Mutton
Mutton

Sounds like BS on Site5's part. They really suck.

Can't be the number of posts, the board is not that big. Can't be the number of users, there aren't that many. Bots should also not be the problem, since they need to login and there's nothing for them to do.

There's no crazy plugin for the board that could be leaking all over the place, so that's not it either.

Honestly, it sounds like BS, Site5 just wants you to 'upgrade'.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:41 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Thanks Kara and Scissors for your efforts to fix the problem.

On an unrelated, and possibly painful note. Did anyone notice PPMB went down right after Roentgen posted the newest chapter of HHOF? :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:11 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

lsauchelli wrote:
Sounds like BS on Site5's part. They really suck.

Can't be the number of posts, the board is not that big. Can't be the number of users, there aren't that many. Bots should also not be the problem, since they need to login and there's nothing for them to do.

There's no crazy plugin for the board that could be leaking all over the place, so that's not it either.

Honestly, it sounds like BS, Site5 just wants you to 'upgrade'.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

After all of the various procedural changes that have happened with board registration/membership in the past year or two, there shouldn't be any way for it to be a bot problem nor do we have the actual number of members and posts to generate anything even remotely approaching bot-like usage levels.

I'd be really really interested to know what the actual problem is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:57 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

I see from the latest Twitter update that Site 5 is apparently claiming it to be a bot problem (again). This sounds like bullshit to me. We already changed the board from public to private to keep the search engine bots off it, and I didn't notice any spam the last time I was on the board before it shut down. I think it's time to find another hosting provider.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:29 pm 
Mutton
Mutton

Evidently, i'm not the only one having this problem. I hope it's resolved soon, here's to it being an easy fix. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 pm 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

Might take a few days to fix the problem, but we're looking into it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:41 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

Sorry, everyone, it was my fault. Apparently I mentioned Fluttershy one too many times for the servers to cope with ... :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:16 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Well, hopefully, the

Site will return in time for

The fanworks awards.

I am the great ruler of

Amazing haikus.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:43 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Derek wrote:
I see from the latest Twitter update that Site 5 is apparently claiming it to be a bot problem (again). This sounds like bullshit to me. We already changed the board from public to private to keep the search engine bots off it, and I didn't notice any spam the last time I was on the board before it shut down. I think it's time to find another hosting provider.

It is BS. Or rather, they didn't seem to know what the 7 million reads were from. It turns out they appear to be from us (see latest tweets). Apparently we create a lot of database use. Scissors/Curtiss is trying to figure out a way to reduce our user "echoes" so to speak, which could mean reducing the database (may not be as simple as pruning posts). Regardless, we are trying to find the solution that will keep the board down as little as possible and preserve all existing data. Thank you for your patience.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next