The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Putting the board down..
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 am 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

:o This board is dead..why not give it a proper burial? Invite all the classic users back for an IRC chat on a chosen date for a send off...then slowly put the pillow over its face and close it down. Even the mods haven't been here in years....you are the only one left Dervish, and Cross is left howling into the dark... :o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:41 am 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

But wherever would those spambots talk about their kitchens?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:28 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Bliss Ticks wrote:
:o This board is dead..why not give it a proper burial? Invite all the classic users back for an IRC chat on a chosen date for a send off...then slowly put the pillow over its face and close it down. Even the mods haven't been here in years....you are the only one left Dervish, and Cross is left howling into the dark... :o

Well, long ago I recognized that for the most part I was soliloquizing all alone on a dark stage in an empty theater here. Lately I have mostly been howling into the dark elsewhere.

o/` We're alone on the stage tonight
We've been told we're not afraid of you
We know all our lines so well, uh-huh
We've said them so many times
Time and time again ... o/`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFQVMJf5eI

Cross

"The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed — we have tried law, compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of." -- Albert Jay Nock, "On Doing the Right Thing", in The American Mercury (1925)

‎"Men in a state of decadence employ professionals to fight for them, professionals to dance for them, and a professional to rule them." -- G.K. Chesterton

"No man is so exquisitely honest or upright in living, but that ten times in his life he might not lawfully be hanged." -- Montaigne

"But to live outside the law, you must be honest." -- Bob Dylan

"Unjust laws can be altered, as well as made. There's a new spirit in the world. Taxed out of existence, robbed of their independence by the government, the people must fight back how they can. What we're doing here is just a pin-prick. But a thousand pin-pricks put together ... " -- Christopher Syn

"Not in the flight of thought, but in the act alone is there freedom" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire ... Must be a yearning deep in the human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for the other fellow." -- Robert Heinlein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:49 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Whatever tomorrow brings, on a more serious note I would like to say that I really was a Daria fan all along, I was mostly well-meaning within Daria fandom, my intentions were generally good, if sometimes misguided, and I was genuinely interested in making friends, not enemies. I even think I did make a few. Or at least I regarded a few people as friends, whatever they may have thought of me.

Though in some sense I have moved on, some things said and done to and about me in Daria fandom still bother me now. If anything stands out it was the frequent false accusations and polar-opposite mischaracterizations of my views and positions, and even my personal life. Especially the way the accusations would typically be so vague and formless, and the way they would often be followed up by not-so-thinly veiled threats to try to get the law onto me somehow. All that could be pretty enraging to someone mourning the deaths of friends and family, and in an already emotionally compromised condition.

Cross

"The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed — we have tried law, compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of." -- Albert Jay Nock, "On Doing the Right Thing", in The American Mercury (1925)

‎"Men in a state of decadence employ professionals to fight for them, professionals to dance for them, and a professional to rule them." -- G.K. Chesterton

"No man is so exquisitely honest or upright in living, but that ten times in his life he might not lawfully be hanged." -- Montaigne

"Unjust laws can be altered, as well as made. There's a new spirit in the world. Taxed out of existence, robbed of their independence by the government, the people must fight back how they can. What we're doing here is just a pin-prick. But a thousand pin-pricks put together ... " -- Christopher Syn

"Not in the flight of thought, but in the act alone is there freedom" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire ... Must be a yearning deep in the human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for the other fellow." -- Robert Heinlein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:32 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

crossada75 wrote:
Whatever tomorrow brings, on a more serious note I would like to say that I really was a Daria fan all along, I was mostly well-meaning within Daria fandom, my intentions were generally good, if sometimes misguided, and I was genuinely interested in making friends, not enemies. I even think I did make a few. Or at least I regarded a few people as friends, whatever they may have thought of me.

Though in some sense I have moved on, some things said and done to and about me in Daria fandom still bother me now. If anything stands out it was the frequent false accusations and polar-opposite mischaracterizations of my views and positions, and even my personal life. Especially the way the accusations would typically be so vague and formless, and the way they would often be followed up by not-so-thinly veiled threats to try to get the law onto me somehow. All that could be pretty enraging to someone mourning the deaths of friends and family, and in an already emotionally compromised condition.

Cross

You told people to

Violently burn in hell

That's not making friends.

I am the great ruler of

Amazing haikus.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:11 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Maybe I did say something like that, once upon a time. Do you even know what my provocation was? Do you think it just came out of nowhere, spontaneous?

Cross

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:16 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

crossada75 wrote:
Maybe I did say something like that, once upon a time. Do you even know what my provocation was? Do you think it just came out of nowhere, spontaneous?

Cross

Not maybe. You did.

On the paperpusher's board

For all to see. Yup.

==

You lashed out because

You were criticized. I hear

That happened a lot.

I am the great ruler of

Amazing haikus.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:16 pm 
Lamb Chops
Lamb Chops

I, for one, think there should be a proper burial for this place.

Only if certain people came back so I could see a real, no holds barred fight before this place is gone for good.

You know, to relive those special times.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:07 am 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

:violin: :violin: :violin:

Attachments:
The Dunce.jpg
The Dunce.jpg [ 3.31 KiB | Viewed 16055 times ]
The Dunce.jpg
The Dunce.jpg [ 3.31 KiB | Viewed 16054 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:17 am 
Lamb Chops
Lamb Chops

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:46 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

crossada75 wrote:

John Cale & Lou Reed, "Hello It's Me"

Lou Reed wrote:
They really hated you, but all that's changed
But I have some resentments that can never be unmade
You hit me where it hurt, I didn't laugh
Your diaries are not a worthy epitaph

Goodbye Cross, SFMB, and all that. :(

That's just the fuckin' way it is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:09 pm 
Lamb Chops
Lamb Chops

Bliss Ticks wrote:
This board is dead...

I didn't even know it was sick.

Fics I've Written

Mistress Mercury is tired of your shit!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:19 am 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

I say tear this place down then bring it back up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Spirea Stow wrote:
crossada75 wrote:

Cross

Not maybe. You did.

For all to see. Yup.

==

You lashed out because

That happened a lot.

"Criticized." That's putting it mildly. Not really how I would characterize repeated threats to sic one or another armed government agency on me. Though exactly what *for* was always rather hazy.

Cross

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:26 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Actually, I'm not left either, I think I've only visited briefly like 3-4x since June (until today). I came today because I got a PM from Deref at PPMB and wanted to see if he finally showed up here.

I don't have the power to shut down SFMB. If I did then I would. I've already made the suggestion to create a new place and transfer what's worth saving over. I've also tried to get Deref to turn the board over to those interested in running it but he said there was a problem and he was going to talk to Gamer about it and never got back to me.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things: One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love." ~Butch Hancock

"A penis was not meant to go into a man's butt, but rather a womens." --excerpt from an illiterate rant to a gay rights page

"if you consider the fact that cats and dogs are of the same species you would still find it odd if a cat acted like a dog now wouldn't you" --from the same rant as above

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:52 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

I do have some regrets. I mean, beyond the regrets I have about life in general. I wish I had said and done things differently.

Cross

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:27 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

If nothing else, this board remains a valuable archive. Almost a treasure house of archival material, which would be a sad loss if it all just vanished. No doubt several people have done some of their best writing here. I'm not saying it'd be like the library of Alexandria ... but it'd be like the library of Alexandria.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:26 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

I only have one question for Bliss Ticks. If you think this board's dead, why come here, then? I admit I don't visit much, but I do visit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:30 am 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

crossada75 wrote:
Spirea Stow wrote:
crossada75 wrote:

Cross

Not maybe. You did.

For all to see. Yup.

==

You lashed out because

That happened a lot.

"Criticized." That's putting it mildly. Not really how I would characterize repeated threats to sic one or another armed government agency on me. Though exactly what *for* was always rather hazy.

Cross

If you honestly

Think the government would come

After you, then you have

Quite the extremely high

Opinion of yourself, eh?

I am the great ruler of

Amazing haikus.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:18 am 
Mutton
Mutton

But where will we all go when ppmb is down? :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:10 am 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

:o Daria wants you to kill the board..

Sung to the tune of "Let it Be"

:o Let it die, let it die
Let it die, oh let it die
Put a pillow on its face and resuscitate it
Let it die... :o

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:05 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

My my, the old board really has gone to seed.