The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:22 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

I could easily make this political, so it would have to go on the Politics forum. But I won't. Enjoy.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.html

Cross

"The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed — we have tried law, compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of." -- Albert Jay Nock, "On Doing the Right Thing", in The American Mercury (1925)

‎"Men in a state of decadence employ professionals to fight for them, professionals to dance for them, and a professional to rule them." -- G.K. Chesterton

"No man is so exquisitely honest or upright in living, but that ten times in his life he might not lawfully be hanged." -- Montaigne

"But to live outside the law, you must be honest." -- Bob Dylan

"Unjust laws can be altered, as well as made. There's a new spirit in the world. Taxed out of existence, robbed of their independence by the government, the people must fight back how they can. What we're doing here is just a pin-prick. But a thousand pin-pricks put together ... " -- Christopher Syn

"Not in the flight of thought, but in the act alone is there freedom" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire ... Must be a yearning deep in the human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for the other fellow." -- Robert Heinlein

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:24 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

I discovered Calvin & Hobbes in the library back in 2000 and been a fan ever since. I've always loved the snowman art, and I liked the snow goon series that I didn't see here.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things: One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love." ~Butch Hancock

"A penis was not meant to go into a man's butt, but rather a womens." --excerpt from an illiterate rant to a gay rights page

"if you consider the fact that cats and dogs are of the same species you would still find it odd if a cat acted like a dog now wouldn't you" --from the same rant as above

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:11 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

:) Oh, hey, Dervish. (I'm sorry but I've forgotten your real name.) I'm glad someone else still pops in here now and then. I'd like to see the Snow Goons. Do you have a link?

Cross

"The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed — we have tried law, compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of." -- Albert Jay Nock, "On Doing the Right Thing", in The American Mercury (1925)

‎"Men in a state of decadence employ professionals to fight for them, professionals to dance for them, and a professional to rule them." -- G.K. Chesterton

"No man is so exquisitely honest or upright in living, but that ten times in his life he might not lawfully be hanged." -- Montaigne

"Unjust laws can be altered, as well as made. There's a new spirit in the world. Taxed out of existence, robbed of their independence by the government, the people must fight back how they can. What we're doing here is just a pin-prick. But a thousand pin-pricks put together ... " -- Christopher Syn

"Not in the flight of thought, but in the act alone is there freedom" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire ... Must be a yearning deep in the human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for the other fellow." -- Robert Heinlein

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:36 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

I couldn't find the snow goons shared, but they're briefly explained here (found the advertisement popup annoying, btw, had to wait several seconds to fully clear, probably take a minute or so on your computer if you get the same thing):

http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_Goons

If you want to read it then maybe your library has it. If they don't (and none of their branch libraries do which they could mail to your preferred library for you to borrow, you can check if the other branches have it using the online catalog, sometimes called the "OPAC" which means Online public access catalog) then they should be able to ILL (Inter Library Loan) it (sometimes it's free but not always, yet it's almost never more than a dollar when they do charge). Here's the information you'll need:

Title: Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons (Calvin & Hobbes)
Author: Bill Watterson

Sometimes they also want this if they ILL:
ISBN: 978-0836218831

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things: One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love." ~Butch Hancock

"A penis was not meant to go into a man's butt, but rather a womens." --excerpt from an illiterate rant to a gay rights page

"if you consider the fact that cats and dogs are of the same species you would still find it odd if a cat acted like a dog now wouldn't you" --from the same rant as above

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:58 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Thanks. I'll look. Googling around, I did find a few images and references to the Attack of the Snow Goon Army. It was pretty funny.

Merry Christmas.

Cross

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:19 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Here's another one that didn't get included:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:18 pm 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

I think my favorite is the one where he makes the giant head on the hilltop so it looks down at his dad.

"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. Big Brother isn't watching you! Who do you think the establishment is? It's just guys like me. Their desks are bigger, but their jobs aren't. They don't conspire, they buy boats."
- dialogue from The Cube

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:17 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Oh, hey, NightGoblyn. I haven't been on much here lately. I've been busy elsewhere. But I still look in now and then.

Cross

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:42 pm 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

Yeah, I took an unexpected hiatus myself. Work got busy, some family stuff, and *poof* no free time.

"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. Big Brother isn't watching you! Who do you think the establishment is? It's just guys like me. Their desks are bigger, but their jobs aren't. They don't conspire, they buy boats."
- dialogue from The Cube

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:36 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Cool. That happens. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Same here. It's been gettin' kinda hectic trying to regain/rescue my lost fortune.

I've got the power, hey yeah heh
I've got the power
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh yeah-eah-eah-eah-eah-eah
I've got the power
Gettin' kinda heavy

It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic

Like the crack of the whip I snap attack
Front to back in this thing called rap
Dig it like a shovel rhyme devil
On a heavenly level
Bang the bass turn up the treble
Radical mind day and night all the time
Seven to fourteen wise divine
Maniac brainiac winning the game
I'm the lyrical Jesse James

I've got the power
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh yeah
Gettin' kinda heavy
I've got the power

It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda heavy

I've got the power
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's got the power oh-oh-oh-oh

I've got the power
I've got the power

Quality I possess something I'm fresh
When my voice goes through the rest
Of the microphone that I am holdin'
Copywritten lyrics so they can't be stolen
If they are snap
Don't need the police to try to save them
Your voice will sink so please stay off my back
Or I will attack and you don't want that

I've got the power

I've got the power

I've got the power ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scGe2EeeySc