The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:51 am 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

Excerpt:

"A spinoff of MTV's Beavis and Butt-head, Daria centered on the irreverently banal existence of Daria Morgendorffer, as she and her BFF (an acronym Daria would hate!) Jane Lane faced pungent suburban mediocrity at every turn. No one in the town of Lawndale was safe from Daria's aggressive apathy and on-point one-liners.

On a side note, I'm lobbying hard to get Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs off of 2 Broke Girls and into a live-action Daria show as fast as humanly possible."

The article has a video clip of Daria's best lines.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/15/ ... for-adults

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 pm 
Rack of Lamb
Rack of Lamb

kate wrote:
"Unjust laws can be altered, as well as made. There's a new spirit in the world. Taxed out of existence, robbed of their independence by the government, the people must fight back how they can. What we're doing here is just a pin-prick. But a thousand pin-pricks put together ... " -- Christopher Syn

Fascinating. Your post not only has nothing to do with the subject, but it's part of crossada75's signature. So, either cross has created a sockpuppet (which is unlikely), or you're just a potential joke.

Back on subject, I'd like to see Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs that way, too, Bob. Let me know how it turns out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:37 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

I'm not sure why anyone is quoting my signature, unless they just like it or agree with it, though this doesn't seem to be the proper venue for that. I have occasionally created alter egos or "sock puppets," before, but it's been years (at least five or six). That's not what's happening now. I don't know what's going on now.

Anyway, back on topic as you say, I wholeheartedly agree that Daria is one of the best adult animated shows ever. I'd even rank it in the top ten.

Cross

"The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed — we have tried law, compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of." -- Albert Jay Nock, "On Doing the Right Thing", in The American Mercury (1925)

‎"Men in a state of decadence employ professionals to fight for them, professionals to dance for them, and a professional to rule them." -- G.K. Chesterton

"No man is so exquisitely honest or upright in living, but that ten times in his life he might not lawfully be hanged." -- Montaigne

"But to live outside the law, you must be honest." -- Bob Dylan

"Unjust laws can be altered, as well as made. There's a new spirit in the world. Taxed out of existence, robbed of their independence by the government, the people must fight back how they can. What we're doing here is just a pin-prick. But a thousand pin-pricks put together ... " -- Christopher Syn

"Not in the flight of thought, but in the act alone is there freedom" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire ... Must be a yearning deep in the human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for the other fellow." -- Robert Heinlein

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:02 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Note on "kate": that was a sneaky spammer. I left the post quoting it for anyone curious. When I checked last there were no spam links in the sig but there were now when I just looked (and deleted after letting Deref know of the spambot). That was sneaky, had there not been new posts I wouldn't have caught that.

To Cross: No real person quoted you, instead it was simply a program that did it automatically, like a robot (and thus "spambot"). There was no sentience, malice, or support involved, the automated program joined SFMB (the person who created it probably has no clue we even exist, and still doesn't) and then grabbed quotes from your signature and randomly constructed itself to try and appear as a real person rather than a computer program. I was suspicious when I saw it but as there was no links on it when I first saw it I left it alone (and then promptly forgot about it). Then it added links to its signature line later spamming the usual stuff, apparently trying to sneak past our radar.

Personally, I'd like it if someone made it so no one could post links here at all until after they've posted a dozen times or so. At the very least it would help deprive the spambot of someone accidentally or idiotically clicking on the spam which thus gets the spammer paid (and possibly worse). 'Course those who just want views for their videos can say google it, they don't care, but it's not likely to work and SFMB isn't likely to attract spammers of that variety.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things: One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love." ~Butch Hancock

"A penis was not meant to go into a man's butt, but rather a womens." --excerpt from an illiterate rant to a gay rights page

"if you consider the fact that cats and dogs are of the same species you would still find it odd if a cat acted like a dog now wouldn't you" --from the same rant as above

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:40 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Oh, I see. Thanks.

Cross

"The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed — we have tried law, compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of." -- Albert Jay Nock, "On Doing the Right Thing", in The American Mercury (1925)

‎"Men in a state of decadence employ professionals to fight for them, professionals to dance for them, and a professional to rule them." -- G.K. Chesterton

"No man is so exquisitely honest or upright in living, but that ten times in his life he might not lawfully be hanged." -- Montaigne

"But to live outside the law, you must be honest." -- Bob Dylan

"Not in the flight of thought, but in the act alone is there freedom" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire ... Must be a yearning deep in the human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for the other fellow." -- Robert Heinlein