The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:04 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Just thought I'd share about "wrock," or "wizard rock," which is inspired by Harry Potter (which means you'll have a very hard time following it at all if you're only vaguely familiar with it). There are a surprising number of bands, but I only like two, the Ministry of Magic (which tends to be inspiring and well done, IMO, with some really touching tributes) to Flick & Swish which is very appropriate to SFMB at times. I also like this one (but only this one) by Voldemort himself (you have to hit Play after getting there and is strictly audio):

http://www.myspace.com/voldemort_wizard ... o-22383900

From the Ministry of Magic, I like this tribute to Severus Snape (and can see the lyrics):

This is in video form without lyrics so no real point in watching without audio (besides, I think it's the music I like so much):

Swish & Flick are a duo (man and woman, the woman does most of the singing, the man on backup vocals), pretending to be the worst of Slytherin (in a silly way) with a huge crush on Draco, and while some get really obscene these are only mildly so, and crack me up (both have lyrics):

And still loves Death Eaters, especially Draco, but explores her softer, bicurious side here (made me laugh with such "romantic" lines like, "I don't care that you are mental"):

Oh, speaking of Luna, here's the Whomping Willows (in their only song I like so far) doing their tribute to Luna:

Anyway, back to Swish & Flick, I think this is my favorite one...and though I know Cross will scream, I have to say I don't think you can get anymore conservative & right wing in the Wizarding world than this (lyrics shown, but her voice helps sounding so spoiled & entitled to her privilege):

:lol:

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things: One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love." ~Butch Hancock

"A penis was not meant to go into a man's butt, but rather a womens." --excerpt from an illiterate rant to a gay rights page

"if you consider the fact that cats and dogs are of the same species you would still find it odd if a cat acted like a dog now wouldn't you" --from the same rant as above

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:08 am 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

As a muso, I have a pathalogical dislike of "synthetic" music, i.e. music that relies on electronica (computer programming) rather than musical ability and musical skill.

Still, if those had been performed by musicians rather than computers I'd be reasonably impressed.

I'm certainly surprised that HP inspired some (and I used the terms loosely) musical creativity. :)

"A great deal of Security is unfortunately just like the underwear of Brittany Spears. If it's even there at all, it is needlessly complex and frilly; looks good without actually covering much; and is far to easy to get around or remove completely."
- David Boston