The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Welcome our new mods
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:56 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

Please welcome our new mods: Black Hole, Dervish and NoNameJane.

Very special thanks and bear hugs to Angelinhel, Brandon League and HelpfulSkittlesExplosion for their wonderful work over the past years. Time moves on and so, sadly, do people.

"A great deal of Security is unfortunately just like the underwear of Brittany Spears. If it's even there at all, it is needlessly complex and frilly; looks good without actually covering much; and is far to easy to get around or remove completely."
- David Boston

Post subject: Re: Welcome our new mods
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:54 pm 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

thank you thank you.

just for the record, I am not above taking bribes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:14 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Prove your worth, jane...Make me a sammich!!!!

"While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die." -Leonardo Da Vinci

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 pm 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

Dreadnought21 wrote:

Uh, that's banworthy on at least 4 levels right Deref?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

nonamejane wrote:
Dreadnought21 wrote:

Uh, that's banworthy on at least 4 levels right Deref?

It depends on the sammich.

If, for example, you use a nice fresh, crusty loaf, spread with cooled (but not cold) butter, slice him up thinly (after bleeding and hanging the carcass), add some tomato, lettuce, mayo and bacon, then no - that's ok. If, on the other hand, you simply kill him (or not), chop him up roughly, use stale bread and no butter, then yes, that's entirely banworthy.

To paraphrase Tweety Pie, "He don't know you vewwy well, do he?"

"A great deal of Security is unfortunately just like the underwear of Brittany Spears. If it's even there at all, it is needlessly complex and frilly; looks good without actually covering much; and is far to easy to get around or remove completely."
- David Boston

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:50 am 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

jane,

Being one of the "newer" ones ripe for the picking, I would rather ask you not to ban me. I had no idea such humor was deemed unworthy on SFMB. In addition, I would prefer it if you helped me along my way through doing right. This is one of the few times I have ever talked to you and here I am, asking you to be merciful.

"While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die." -Leonardo Da Vinci

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:37 am 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

Dreadnought21 wrote:
jane,

Being one of the "newer" ones ripe for the picking, I would rather ask you not to ban me. I had no idea such humor was deemed unworthy on SFMB. In addition, I would prefer it if you helped me along my way through doing right. This is one of the few times I have ever talked to you and here I am, asking you to be merciful.

Well, first stop calling me jane. You may refer to me as nonamejane or nnj or cynigal or cyn or your royal highness.

Humor is not allowed on any daria message boards that I know of. It was banned a few years back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:38 am 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

Deref wrote:
If, for example, you use a nice fresh, crusty loaf, spread with cooled (but not cold) butter, slice him up thinly (after bleeding and hanging the carcass), add some tomato, lettuce, mayo and bacon, then no - that's ok. If, on the other hand, you simply kill him (or not), chop him up roughly, use stale bread and no butter, then yes, that's entirely banworthy.

Is this one of those "I made you, I can unmake" you sorts of posts?

Cuz it's funny.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:42 am 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

nonamejane wrote:
Well, first stop calling me jane. You may refer to me as nonamejane or nnj or cynigal or cyn or your royal highness.

Humor is not allowed on any daria message boards that I know of. It was banned a few years back.

Then what might be of availability if humor is not permitted? I demand proof as a citizen!!!! (Unless of course you are joking with me. I prefer not to want to fear authority but rather be friendly with them. That's why I'm making with the good mood.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:26 am 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

Dreadnought21 wrote:
nonamejane wrote:

Then what might be of availability if humor is not permitted? I demand proof as a citizen!!!! (Unless of course you are joking with me. I prefer not to want to fear authority but rather be friendly with them. That's why I'm making with the good mood.)

Well, there are certain types of humor allowed at the other boards, but it revolves around fucking penguins and molesting chocolate bars. I wouldn't tolerate such crap here.

Sarcasm is allowed, but only good sarcasm. but mostly we discuss the weather.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:02 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Penguins and chocolate bars can execute us for that stuff...hell, not even Deref has such power to prevent the execution.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:05 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

nonamejane wrote:
Deref wrote:

Is this one of those "I made you, I can unmake" you sorts of posts?

Cuz it's funny.

:lol: No, it was more a warning to a newbie who clearly isn't familiar - yet - with your super-power of scorn.

When someone pisses off NoNameJane, the wise run for cover.

- David Boston

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Scorn...from a mod. Talk about fearful. It ain't right. Mods should be friendly to the people and should treat them as they would be treated themselves, right? Would a CEO of a huge company like it if his own employees got him fired during a layoff? I wouldn't imagine it.

Do keep in mind, I am not threatening. I have no intention of the sort. I am only speaking my mind as it should be spoken for it is the mind of an individual who wishes equal and fair treatment on all other individuals, myself, Deref, and yourself included, nnj. For two years, I have been the blade of truth in college and a proud member of the Student Government. I pray that my belief in equality and proper, fair justice will someday reach the hearts of everyone.

/hippie crap

I need a beer. I am too sober.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:09 pm 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

college is stupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:30 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

Dreadnought21 wrote:
I need a beer. I am too sober.

Everyone is too sober. Maybe with the exception of Crossada.
nonamejane wrote:
college is stupid

Meal tickets are never stupid!

o/Money, so they say,
Is the root of all evil today.
But when you ask for a rise
It's no surprise
That they're giving none away.\o ;-)

- David Boston

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:45 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Don't you dis college, nnj. That's my meal ticket to becoming a forensic scientist and my meal ticket to high-end liquor and strip clubs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:56 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

Dreadnought21 wrote:
Don't you dis college, nnj. That's my meal ticket to becoming a forensic scientist and my meal ticket to high-end liquor and strip clubs.

And shoes!

- David Boston

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:03 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

If we're going to include shoes, we might as well go the whole nine and get $200 suits as well, Deref. If nnj wants a suit, that's fine. Mods, Admins and important figures of the like should wear suits.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:14 pm 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

well obviously college doesn't make you smart...if you think getting a college degree guarantees you a job anymore, and good paying one at that, you got another thing coming to ya.

i will be done with college next month, and I know unless i spend another 2-4 years in grad, medical or some other school, I won't make enough to pay back my loans in the next 30 years.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:18 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

nonamejane wrote:
well obviously college doesn't make you smart...if you think getting a college degree guarantees you a job anymore, and good paying one at that, you got another thing coming to ya.

i will be done with college next month, and I know unless i spend another 2-4 years in grad, medical or some other school, I won't make enough to pay back my loans in the next 30 years.

Gah-dammit! I keep forgetting that you have sell your soul for an education in the US. :-(

At least we can celebrate your graduation. I'm stocking up for the party already.

- David Boston

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:31 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

nonamejane wrote:

So says you in that first statement. I, however, have my reasons for believing that which I do. I wish not to get into an argument, if that is fine with you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 am 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

Dreadnought21 wrote:
So says you in that first statement. I, however, have my reasons for believing that which I do. I wish not to get into an argument, if that is fine with you.

what fun is that?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:42 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

nonamejane wrote:
Dreadnought21 wrote:

what fun is that?

It's one-sided fun because men are not adept at arguing with women. That is not the kind of oral action we are good at.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

well atleast you realize this. most men never do

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

nnj, I am not the typical man. I am a man with sense.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

Dreadnought21 wrote:

:lol: Oh boy - this is shaping up to be fun!

- David Boston

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Deref wrote:
Dreadnought21 wrote:

:lol: Oh boy - this is shaping up to be fun!

Like a clay ball being molded into a nude figure?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:32 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

Location: The Greater Milwaukee Area, WI, USA, North America, Earth, Etc.
I have officially lost track of who, if anyone, was being serious anywhere in this post. And frankly, I like it!

Oh, and congrats to the new mods!

"Disco 3:16 says 'It's time to Boogie Oogie Oogie 'til you just can't boogie no more.' And that's the bottom line, 'cause Disco said so!"

"Both a lion and the ocean may roar, but only one can support a shrimp." -Puke & Snot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:32 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Are we allowed to celebrate by running the naked mile?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:05 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

Dreadnought21 wrote:
Are we allowed to celebrate by running the naked mile?

Sure! But if you're going to post pics, use the appropriate forum. :lol:

- David Boston