The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New forum
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:37 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

I've created a Politics and Religion forum for those of us who want it/need it/enjoy discussing such things. It also allows people who don't to avoid it.

Over time I'll move threads into it, but please use it for any new posts in that category.

"A great deal of Security is unfortunately just like the underwear of Brittany Spears. If it's even there at all, it is needlessly complex and frilly; looks good without actually covering much; and is far to easy to get around or remove completely."
- David Boston

Post subject: Re: New forum
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:25 pm 
Lamb Chops
Lamb Chops

I look forward to a heated discussion of what constitutes religion and politics!

But seriously, it's a sensible idea.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:37 pm 
Black Sheep
Black Sheep

Well thank fuck for that. Hopefully the conspiracy nut will go post there & the rest of us can use JJ for the things it was intended.

I do recommend that anything obviously intended to incite a riot (like the tangent in the recently locked thread) get moved to the appropriate forum - Flamewarz. That way it gets the respect it deserves. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:23 pm 
Sh33p Pig
Sh33p Pig

Location: That forgotten spot behind the sofa where I was accidentally kicked by Real Life's left hind leg
:)

Because we know instinctively as a people that if we are to get through the darkness and back into the light we have to work together. And the truth is, there will always be darkness. And sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t the promised land. Sometimes it’s just New Jersey. But we do it anyway, together.

-Jon Stewart

"We have a right to fight for our country - the same as every other American. We will not go away."

-Col. A.J. Bullard (Terrence Howard), Red Tails

"If we can't protect the Earth - you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."

-Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.), The Avengers

"Sometimes you have to spontaneously break into song - right?" - Mack, from Teen Beach 2

The PSI Corps is your friend. Trust The Corps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

I was going to call it "Sex, Politics and Religion", but we'd be repeating ourselves. ;-)

It's going to be interesting.

floopyboo wrote:
I do recommend that anything obviously intended to incite a riot (like the tangent in the recently locked thread) get moved to the appropriate forum - Flamewarz. That way it gets the respect it deserves. ;)

I was sooooooo tempted, but then I'd have been breaking the rule that only posters in FW are fair game.

I lay awake at night trying to find a solution, and it came to me in a blinding flash. Or maybe that was when the Mrs turned over and clobbered me in the nose. :P

"A great deal of Security is unfortunately just like the underwear of Brittany Spears. If it's even there at all, it is needlessly complex and frilly; looks good without actually covering much; and is far to easy to get around or remove completely."
- David Boston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:07 pm 
Black Sheep
Black Sheep

It's been establised by precedent (Doc Forbin, Ronin + assorted sockpuppets) that if you write a post intended to start a riot, it gets moved to the appropriate forum along with the riot that ensues. There are an awful lot of threads in flamewarz that started out in JJ & were split off.

Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:51 am 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

floopyboo wrote:
It's been establised by precedent (Doc Forbin, Ronin + assorted sockpuppets) that if you write a post intended to start a riot, it gets moved to the appropriate forum along with the riot that ensues. There are an awful lot of threads in flamewarz that started out in JJ & were split off.

Just sayin'.

You just want an excuse to bring out the nukes.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing . . . .

"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. Big Brother isn't watching you! Who do you think the establishment is? It's just guys like me. Their desks are bigger, but their jobs aren't. They don't conspire, they buy boats."
- dialogue from The Cube

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:51 pm 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

I'm quietly satisfied with the current solution - though we won't know how it works until someone posts something. :?

- David Boston

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:06 pm 
Mad Mod
Mad Mod

Deref wrote:
I'm quietly satisfied with the current solution - though we won't know how it works until someone posts something. :?

certainly, it is better then some of the other solutions. I hope it remains a successful one

"This is not a pipe."
"Yes it is, you were smoking it just a second ago. Why have you got that huge apple in front of your face?"
"This is not a pipe."
"All right, fine, whatever." You turn and head back into the fog.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:23 am 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

Thanks, 'Mad - me too. So far, so good.

- David Boston