The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nerd, Geek, or Dork
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:05 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon and Just Slightly to the Left of the Cold Front Over Ft. Meyers
This one's rather fun.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testi ... 0046738815

And here are my results:

Outcast Genius
52 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 60% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:52 pm 
Sh33p Dog
Sh33p Dog

Pure Nerd
52 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 17% Dork
For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Visit my Harry Potter Message Board: Shadows and Light

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:23 pm 
Sh33p Dog
Sh33p Dog

Outcast Genius
86 % Nerd, 82% Geek, 60% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 97% on nerdiness
You scored higher than 98% on geekosity
You scored higher than 91% on dork points

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:09 pm 
Sh33p Dog
Sh33p Dog

Pure Geek
47 % Nerd, 69% Geek, 39% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Geek, earning you the title of: Pure Geek.

It's not that you're a school junkie, like the nerd, and you don't really stand out in a crowd, like the dork, you just have some interests that aren't quite mainstream. Perhaps it's anime, perhaps it's computers, perhaps it's bottlecaps, perhaps it's all of those and more. Your interests take you to events and gatherings that are filled with people you find unusual and beyond-the-pale, but you don't quite consider yourself "of that crowd." Instead, you consider yourself to be fairly normal.

Which, you are.

You scored higher than 47% on nerdiness
You scored higher than 93% on geekosity
You scored higher than 59% on dork points

Not surprised at all.

Lawndale Online -- Because the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:28 pm 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

Pure Geek
47 % Nerd, 78% Geek, 39% Dork

if they say so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:51 pm 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

Just to demonstrate how accurate this test is:

Quote:
Joe Normal
30 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 47% Dork
For The Record:

You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Congratulations!

I laughed until I stopped.

NC

Oh, and should you happen to be a dork, specifically a gamer-dork, check out this website:

http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/dorkstorm/page.asp?id=6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:37 am 
Black Sh33p
Black Sh33p

Pure Dork
26 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 56% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Dork, earning you the title of: Pure Dork. Like our friends Napoleon Dynamite & co.

It's not as though you were some whiz-kid in school. Oh, sure, you probably did okay in some classes, but were probably awful in others. Certainly most people thought you were smarter than you thought yourself to be. And it's not that you have some overriding passion, like computers or Star Trek that sets you apart for the crowd, though you likely share some interest in some of those sorts of things. You just like to be yourself, and want to express yourself for who you are.

And, really, there's nothing wrong with that. Being who you are often invites scorn, and so it's a difficult thing in a world that rewards conformity. Be proud of your dorkiness, for often it's just another word for individuality. (I'd vote for you!)

Congratulations!

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you! ;)

Except for the part about being mediocre in school, this is fairly accurate. I'm a dork, and I'm proud!

Ms. Kitty

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of many males to my place of residence and/ or employment, and they declare that its quality far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it far surpasses yours. I could convey to you the recipe, but i would have to demand compensation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:20 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

This site keeps overloading my computer whenever I attempt this quiz, anyone else getting this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:36 pm 
Sh33p Pig
Sh33p Pig

Location: That forgotten spot behind the sofa where I was accidentally kicked by Real Life's left hind leg
Pure Nerd
65 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 47% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

My brother prides himself on being a nerd - he's a computer type from the time where they actually had and used the books from the movie 'Hackers', and he loves the movie 'Sneakers'. Me - I liked the blonde that River Phoenix talked to at the end, and I've always thought James Earl Jones was uber-cool.

My brother wears the 'nerd' title proudly; I told someone once that I'm not a nerd, because a nerd wouldn't rip one's head off and dump down the throat. He also wouldn't take bets on how far the spurting jets of blood would reach... I would.

I was told that I have to become wealthy someday, so that I'd become 'eccentric' - and until then, I'll have to settle for 'weird'.

Oh, well...
:D :D :D :D :D

Because we know instinctively as a people that if we are to get through the darkness and back into the light we have to work together. And the truth is, there will always be darkness. And sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t the promised land. Sometimes it’s just New Jersey. But we do it anyway, together.

-Jon Stewart

"We have a right to fight for our country - the same as every other American. We will not go away."

-Col. A.J. Bullard (Terrence Howard), Red Tails

"If we can't protect the Earth - you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."

-Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.), The Avengers

"Sometimes you have to spontaneously break into song - right?" - Mack, from Teen Beach 2

The PSI Corps is your friend. Trust The Corps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:11 pm 
Mutton
Mutton

Outcast Genius
65 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 56% Dork
For The Record:

Oh yes.
Die, decay and fall apart - catch a Pestilential Dart!
Or something not unlike that.

"Either a warp-morpher gun, or a morph-warper gun, name it whatever you like. The point is that it fires a ray of pure Chaos, warping, morphing, twisting and mutating you - without asking permittance. Welcome to Hand-crafted Hell."
- Fred "Green-Haired Bastard" Harrington

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:54 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Modern, Cool Nerd
56 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 39% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

I like the results :)

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:14 am 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

This site just fucked up my browser, what the fuck is with these people?

Am I seriously the only person this has happened to?