The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board

A place for gathering wool...
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:43 pm 
Sh33pie
Sh33pie

You are Wash. Not only are you a great pilot, you are also the joker of the group. Your devotion to your wife is admirable, though you sometimes feel insecure. Thank god you shaved off your moustache.

When I get outta here I think I'm gonna get laid. ~Rain (Resident Evil)

Fuckin' nursery school! ~CJ (Dawn of the Dead '04)

"Asshole of the month?" "Jerry Falwell" "You always say Jerry Falwell." "That's cause Jerry Falwell is always an asshole, Arlo." ~ 'The People vs. Larry Flynt

"Howard, you really think they're gonna let you put out a whole movie just about tits?" "Sure. Who doesn't like tits?" ~ The Aviator

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup,"

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:50 pm 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

Location: Northeastern Iowa. In another town you've probably never heard of.
Yeah, Thea, I'm glad you shaved off your mustache, too. :)

Kristen

--Big Brain, Futurama ("The Day the Earth Stood Stupid")

Just wait until he finds out about the Library of Congress Classification System...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:11 pm 
Sh33pie
Sh33pie

:P So's Chris :P

When I get outta here I think I'm gonna get laid. ~Rain (Resident Evil)

Fuckin' nursery school! ~CJ (Dawn of the Dead '04)

"Asshole of the month?" "Jerry Falwell" "You always say Jerry Falwell." "That's cause Jerry Falwell is always an asshole, Arlo." ~ 'The People vs. Larry Flynt

"Howard, you really think they're gonna let you put out a whole movie just about tits?" "Sure. Who doesn't like tits?" ~ The Aviator

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup,"

Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:08 am 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

tin man definately. too bad i didnt watch the show it sounds cool.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:18 am 
Slum Lord
Slum Lord

Gum Wars wrote:

It was brilliant. Catch it if you can.

"A great deal of Security is unfortunately just like the underwear of Brittany Spears. If it's even there at all, it is needlessly complex and frilly; looks good without actually covering much; and is far to easy to get around or remove completely."
- David Boston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:24 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

Im not sure i catch your drift, dare. What years was it on anyway? send me a link.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Deref wrote:
Gum Wars wrote:

I'm thinking of watching it; may I ask why did you like it? :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:05 am 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

UU wrote:
Deref wrote:
Gum Wars wrote:

I'm thinking of watching it; may I ask why did you like it? :)

Because it was Awesome.

"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. Big Brother isn't watching you! Who do you think the establishment is? It's just guys like me. Their desks are bigger, but their jobs aren't. They don't conspire, they buy boats."
- dialogue from The Cube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:13 am 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

NightGoblyn wrote:
Because it was Awesome.

So it has attracted something of a cult following... I see... :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:24 am 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

So, a Western transplanted into space... you Americans are addicted to all that Frontier stuff with rebellious anti-heroes, aren't you? :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:17 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

UU wrote:
So, a Western transplanted into space... you Americans are addicted to all that Frontier stuff with rebellious anti-heroes, aren't you? :)

Something like that. We need to get Cross to take it, since it's the series that spawned Serenity. (If he turns out to be the Operative, I demand photos of his head melting.) :lol:

"[T]he conservative impulse and the reactionary impulse do not, with some isolated and some ecclesiastical exceptions, express themselves in ideas but only in action or in irritable mental gestures which seek to resemble ideas."
-- Lionel Trilling, preface to The Liberal Imagination: essays on literature and society (1950)

"My heart is filled with love for this country." -- Barack Obama, last words before the acknowledgements of The Audacity of Hope (2006)

"I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it."
-- John Stuart Mill, in a Parliamentary debate with Conservative MP John Pakington; May 31, 1866

"Conservatism today has degenerated into a species of especially unattractive populism, pandering to the pro-torture-and-wiretapping, anti-gay-and-Mexican prejudices of a dwindling, increasingly sectarian, increasingly regional 'base.' Some who sympathize with libertarian and free-market causes are cheered by the anti-government rhetoric and Tea Party theatrics now increasingly in evidence on the right. Perhaps, they think, the old Goldwater-Reagan conservatism is making a comeback. Sorry, but I seriously doubt it. On the contrary, I worry that good free-market ideas are going to get tainted by association with an increasingly brutish identity politics for angry white guys and the women who love them."
-- Brink Lindsey, "The Closing of the Conservative Mind" (Cato@Liberty blog post, May 19, 2009)

"The way things are going, we can shorten Trilling's quote: the 'irritable mental gestures' remain, but they scarcely even 'seek to resemble ideas.'"
-- Tom Hull, "Irritable Mental Gestures" (blog post, February 6, 2010)

"The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all."
-- G.K. Chesterton, The Man Who Was Thursday: a nightmare (1908)

"Just the other day a friend and I came up with the most pernicious academic scheme to date for toppling the West: he will kneel behind the West on all fours. I will push it backwards over him."
-- Michael Bérubé, "Public Image Ltd." (The Village Voice, 1991)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:02 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Tuxedo Slack wrote:
UU wrote:

Something like that. We need to get Cross to take it, since it's the series that spawned Serenity. (If he turns out to be the Operative, I demand photos of his head melting.) :lol:

Uh, I've just started watching the series... Is the Operative the evil gubmint? :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:28 pm 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

UU wrote:
Tuxedo Slack wrote:
UU wrote:

Uh, I've just started watching the series... Is the Operative the evil gubmint? :twisted:

He's a character in the movie that follows the series. He does work for the Alliance (the evil gubmint :P) but the character is actually very complex. That's one of the things I've always appreciated about Joss Whedon's work - he's not afraid to give his characters deep and complicated, sometimes even contradictory, motivations.

"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. Big Brother isn't watching you! Who do you think the establishment is? It's just guys like me. Their desks are bigger, but their jobs aren't. They don't conspire, they buy boats."
- dialogue from The Cube

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:03 am 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

OK, I guess I'll watch the film one day. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:52 pm 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

UU wrote:
OK, I guess I'll watch the film one day. :)

It's very good, but it helps to watch the TV shows first.

- dialogue from The Cube

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:50 pm 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

NightGoblyn wrote:
He's a character in the movie that follows the series. He does work for the Alliance (the evil gubmint :P) but the character is actually very complex. That's one of the things I've always appreciated about Joss Whedon's work - he's not afraid to give his characters deep and complicated, sometimes even contradictory, motivations.

What I don't appreciate is plot holes and goofs... :)

How come the Reaver ship did find them on that little moon where they engaged in some Western-ing when the big bad Alliance lost their tracks?

All systems go down, and they're about to run out of oxygen, but their artificial gravity generator or whatever still works A-OK.

And, oh, is Niska supposed to be Russian? :shock:

On a related note - -how come Reynolds and that Crow guy talk normally right next to the running jet engine?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:29 am 
Baa'd to the Bone
Baa'd to the Bone

UU wrote:
How come the Reaver ship did find them on that little moon where they engaged in some Western-ing when the big bad Alliance lost their tracks?

Crazy people intuition.

All systems go down, and they're about to run out of oxygen, but their artificial gravity generator or whatever still works A-OK.

Magnetic shoes.

And, oh, is Niska supposed to be Russian? :shock:

No more than Mal is a Confederate American or the Tams are British.

On a related note - -how come Reynolds and that Crow guy talk normally right next to the running jet engine?

It's not a jet engine, it's a space ship engine!

:D

- dialogue from The Cube

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:04 am 
Lulubelle
Lulubelle

Yeah, right. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:51 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

didnt watch the show but I got either the river or the bladwin brother cant remember the characters name

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:56 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Hm, I finally took the quiz, and I scored as ... wait for it ... Shepherd Book, of all people. I was surprised myself (though my head hasn't exploded, yet). I guess I can kinda, sorta see it. I'm not upset or anything. I liked him and thought he was kind of cool, in a way.

Cross

"The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed — we have tried law, compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of." -- Albert Jay Nock, "On Doing the Right Thing", in The American Mercury (1925)

‎"Men in a state of decadence employ professionals to fight for them, professionals to dance for them, and a professional to rule them." -- G.K. Chesterton

"No man is so exquisitely honest or upright in living, but that ten times in his life he might not lawfully be hanged." -- Montaigne

"But to live outside the law, you must be honest." -- Bob Dylan

"Unjust laws can be altered, as well as made. There's a new spirit in the world. Taxed out of existence, robbed of their independence by the government, the people must fight back how they can. What we're doing here is just a pin-prick. But a thousand pin-pricks put together ... " -- Christopher Syn

"Not in the flight of thought, but in the act alone is there freedom" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire ... Must be a yearning deep in the human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for the other fellow." -- Robert Heinlein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:43 am 
Electric Sh33p
Electric Sh33p

crossada75 wrote:
Hm, I finally took the quiz, and I scored as ... wait for it ... Shepherd Book, of all people. I was surprised myself (though my head hasn't exploded, yet). I guess I can kinda, sorta see it. I'm not upset or anything. I liked him and thought he was kind of cool, in a way.
Cross

As little faith as I have in this kind of quiz, that does make sense. I can totally see you as the Book of this fandom.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm 
Sh34r Excellence
Sh34r Excellence

Nutso_Crazy wrote:
crossada75 wrote:
Cross

As little faith as I have in this kind of quiz, that does make sense. I can totally see you as the Book of this fandom.

Well, I have now taken four different online versions of the "Which Firefly/Serenity Character Are You" quiz, each with different, or differently worded, questions. In three of the four I unambiguously scored Shepherd Book, usually about 88 to 90 percent Book, and various smaller percentages for the rest of the cast. Oddly enough I kept getting about 80 to 81 percent Zoe. In the fourth differently worded one it was basically a tie between Book and Zoe. I had to click on a tie-breaking answer, and got Book again. The tie breaking questions were (1) I like to carry a really big gun, and (2) I believe in a Higher Power. I admit it was not such an easy choice. (I think I rationalized my choice by thinking to myself, "Okay, I'll believe in a Higher power, and carry an ordinary size gun.)

Cross

"The practical reason for freedom is that freedom seems to be the only condition under which any kind of substantial moral fiber can be developed — we have tried law, compulsion and authoritarianism of various kinds, and the result is nothing to be proud of." -- Albert Jay Nock, "On Doing the Right Thing", in The American Mercury (1925)

‎"Men in a state of decadence employ professionals to fight for them, professionals to dance for them, and a professional to rule them." -- G.K. Chesterton

"No man is so exquisitely honest or upright in living, but that ten times in his life he might not lawfully be hanged." -- Montaigne

"But to live outside the law, you must be honest." -- Bob Dylan

"Unjust laws can be altered, as well as made. There's a new spirit in the world. Taxed out of existence, robbed of their independence by the government, the people must fight back how they can. What we're doing here is just a pin-prick. But a thousand pin-pricks put together ... " -- Christopher Syn

"Not in the flight of thought, but in the act alone is there freedom" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire ... Must be a yearning deep in the human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for the other fellow." -- Robert Heinlein

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:18 pm 
Little Lamb
Little Lamb

i tried this again and i got the river for sure this time but this time I had seen the show!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:09 pm 
Mutton
Mutton

Old thread, but I just took the test: I came up as closest to Mal... (I entered several variations on a few things and came up the same)

I never saw the show, but I actually like Nathan Fillion in "Castle"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 pm 
Sh33p Pig
Sh33p Pig

Location: That forgotten spot behind the sofa where I was accidentally kicked by Real Life's left hind leg
Where do you take the test?

Because we know instinctively as a people that if we are to get through the darkness and back into the light we have to work together. And the truth is, there will always be darkness. And sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t the promised land. Sometimes it’s just New Jersey. But we do it anyway, together.

-Jon Stewart

"We have a right to fight for our country - the same as every other American. We will not go away."

-Col. A.J. Bullard (Terrence Howard), Red Tails

"If we can't protect the Earth - you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."

-Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.), The Avengers

"Sometimes you have to spontaneously break into song - right?" - Mack, from Teen Beach 2

The PSI Corps is your friend. Trust The Corps.